This system includes:
- (1) Agilent 5977B GC/MSD Inert Plus
- (1) Agilent 7890B GC System
- (1) Agilent 7693A Automatic Liquid Sampler with Agilent G4513A Auto Injector
Agilent 5977B GC/MSD Inert Plus
The Agilent 5977B GC/MSD is the latest in the series of trusted single quadrupole GC/MS systems. This instrument is ideal for labs that focus on applications such as environmental, chemical, petrochemical, food, forensic, pharmaceutical, and material testing.
Building on a long track record of innovation, the High Efficiency Source (HES) and Inert Plus Extractor EI source maximize the number of ions that are created and transferred out of the source body and into the quadrupole analyzer. This novel mass selective detector design makes the 5977B the most popular GC/SQ for routine, robust, and reliable use.
- Improve sensitivity (10x greater) with detection limits as low as 1.5 fg IDL, bringing yesterday’s triple-quadrupole limits of detection into today’s single quadrupole laboratory
- Reduce time spent on sample prep and maintenance, while meeting your current sensitivity requirements, with just 1/10 of the original sample volume
- Minimize operating and shipping costs by storing, prepping, and disposing of 10x less material
- Benefit from eco-friendly features, such as Sleep/Wake modes, and conserve electricity and other resources like carrier gas
- Greatly reduce or even eliminate the need for manual source cleaning with the JetClean self-cleaning ion source
- The built-in intelligence of the 8890 GC drives productivity with diagnostics, monitoring, and simplified access to powerful operations through the integrated touchscreen and browser interface
- Inert Flow Path provides improved performance for sensitive analytes at low levels, extending the range of quantitation and detection
- Simplify method development, from instrument settings to data analysis and reporting with MassHunter Software
Agilent 7890B GC System
The 7890B Gas Chromatograph (GC) System is the world’s most widely used GC system, featuring accurate temperature controls, precise injection systems, and high performance Electronic Pneumatic Control (EPC) modules for good retention time and area count repeatability.
- Retention Time Locking (RTL) maintains exact retention times from injection to injection, column to column, instrument to instrument, and lab to lab
- Capillary Flow Technology (CFT) provides unique instrument capabilities, such as multi-dimension gas chromatography (GC-GC/Deans Switch), comprehensive two-dimension gas chromatography (GCxGC) with flow modulation, and backflush at the beginning, middle, or end of the analytical column
- Single filament TCD that does not require a separate reference gas, does not require manual potentiometer adjustment, and provides a stable baseline with a minimal amount of signal drift
- Auto-ranging FID provides the ability to detect and quantitate from parts per billion (ppb) to parts per thousand in a single injection
- Integrated SCD/NCD (sulfur or nitrogen chemiluminescence detector) provides low ppb detection, equi-molar response, and quantitation for sulfur or nitrogen contaminants without quenching from matrix
- Carrier Gas Options: Helium Conservation Module, Hydrogen Sensors and Alternate Carrier Gas Solutions dramatically reduce the amount of helium used to offer flexibility in your laboratory
- Large Valve Oven (LVO) allows for the combination of multiple methods and simplified maintenance
- Multimode inlet (MMI) serves as a programmable temperature vaporizing injector with flexible capabilities
- Agilent Inert Flow Path provides increased sensitivity for active compounds, from injection to detection
- Low Thermal Mass (LTM) modules, up to 4 installed and operating, increase sample throughput with rapid column heating and cooling
Agilent 7693A Automatic Liquid Sampler
The Agilent 7693A ALS (Automatic Liquid Sampler) provides reliable, fast, and precise injections for Agilent GC and GC/MS systems. The modular design allows this autosampler to grow with your lab.
Start with a tower and 16 vials. Expand to the 150 vial tray. Upgrade to the heater, mixer barcode reader module. Add a second tower for dual simultaneous injections.
- 150 sample vial tray allows longer unattended operation
- Dual simultaneous injection saves time by doubling sample throughput
- Fast injection technology minimizes needle discrimination and enables use of external standards
- Sandwich injections of three layers eliminate manual error from internal standard, surrogate, or protectant additions
- Sample heater and mixer dramatically improves high molecular weight chromatographic results
- Heat the entire tray or cool it to sub-ambient temperatures to meet your lab’s needs
- Modular design allows the flexibility to easily move the sampler from GC to GC or start with a single injector and upgrade as needed
- Priority sample capability. There is no need to stop the sequence to add next most important sample
- Barcode reader allows the system to perform specific actions on mismatch, ensuring chain of custody Agilent Barcode Printing Solution.
- Extend the useful life of the 6890N GC by upgrading aging autoinjectors to 7693A