The Agilent QTOF G6540B is an accurate mass MSMS instrument based upon quadrupole and time-of-flight technology. The instrument accommodates several different solution-based atmospheric pressure ionization sources including electrospray (ESI), chemical ionization (APCI), and JetStream ESI. The instrument can acquire data in positive or negative ion mode, MS, or MS/MS mode. Agilent MassHunter software is used for data acquisition and data processing. The software package includes modules for determining elemental composition, molecular feature extractor, deconvolution, et cetera. This is without a doubt the best QTOF Mass Spectrometer on campus.
Instrument characteristics include:
- LC pumps can handle up to 8000 psi
- MS and MS/MS on the fly
- Mass Range of up to 10,000 Daltons (singly-charged)
- Mass Accuracy of better than 3 PPM
- Resolution (FWHM) 45,000 for mass 1000
- Rapid switching between positive and negative ion modes